Through the years, Strader's quality merchandise and competitive prices have kept the business strong. But what truly defines our store is the very best in customer service. Strader's Shoe Store has been blessed with outstanding employees of all ages through these years. Our employees have been dedicated to personal attention, friendliness and genuine concern for customer satisfaction since 1932.
Hunter Strader, an Alamance County native, opened Strader's in the Autumn of 1932. The original shop was at 138 S. Scales St. in downtown Reidsville. Sometime during the 1940's, Hunter sold the business to J. Ed Lewis and Jim Pope. Vernon Link joined Strader's in the 1960's, upon Mr. Pope's passing.
The Strader's Mall Shop opened in 1974, and the Scales Street location closed in 1976. Sam Lindsey joined Strader's in the late 1970's. Mr. Lewis passed away in 1984, and Sam and Vernon ran the store together through 2008. Vernon then retired leaving Sam the sole owner.